masterpost of genders coined by baaphomett
baaphomett has coined a lot of gender terms so i think it would be easier to have them all together rather than in separate posts
- exgender/egender: agender is like saying e) none of the above for gender, but exgender/egender is like refusing to answer the question, crossing out the words, or eating the paper the question is written on. exgender/egender is an outright refusal to accept or identify in, on, or around the current gender hierarchy.
- xenogender: a gender that cannot be contained by human understandings of gender; more concerned with crafting other methods of gender categorization and hierarchy such as those relating to animals, plants, or other creatures/things
- micro- and macrogender: small and large feelings of gender that are not identifiable within social gender categories.
- resgender: a gender that can be summed up as an unidentifiable, nondescript thing but manifests in hundreds of different genders that could be recognized and function as “girl” and /or”boy” but is entirely dependent on the context; based on the latin word “res”)
- ungender: not without but a negative; an unboy would be the negative of a boy and an ungirl would be the negative of a girl
- intergender: fills in the spaces between genders; not without or none but the gender in the middle (note: this term existed before me, but this is a new definition, as far as i’m aware. also, it has been pointed out to me, so far only by dyadic people, that this term may be used for only intersex people. if you have any information regarding this, please let me know so i can have the correct information.)
- super- and supragender: above the threshold for having a gender/having a gender that exceeds above and including a gender; supraboy would include and extend beyond boy and supragirl would include and extend beyond girl
- pre- and postgender: before and after a gender; preboy would be moving to identify as a boy but has yet to fully embrace the term and pregirl would be moving to identify as a girl but has yet to fully embrace the term; postboy would have moved on from identifying as a boy but still has gendered ties to identifying as a boy and postgirl would have moved on from identifying as a girl but still has gendered ties to identifying as a girl
- necrogender: a gender that used to exist but is now dead
- grey- and graygender: a gender that cannot be pinpointed/identified as any one thing. like graysexual, somewhere between sexual and asexual, grey- and graygender are somewhere between agender and ___gender. coined here
- gendervoid: a gender consisting of the void (also/originally used to mean the same thing as genderless)
- gendernull: a gender like gendervoid but without the void
- preterbinary: beyond the the gender binary/spectrum of male and female
- ambigender: experiencing two genders simultaneously and without fluidity or shifting